Thursday, March 10, 2011

Counting Down to St. Patrick's Day


St. Patrick's Day will be here before we know it. I'm celebrating this year with my book club over a traditional Irish dinner and banoffee pie. I'm in charge of dessert and when my friend, Taryn suggested this tasty item I had a hard time thinking about anything else. Maybe it's a pregnancy thing, but the combo of bananas and toffee with cream in a graham cracker crust just sounds dreamy!

Taryn is one of the co-founders of the Irish Life Experience, a tour company specializing in taking groups of high school and college students throughout Ireland. She's done this for years, so I figured she would be the one to ask when it came to Irish desserts. Taryn also asked me to write a blurb for their travel blog about St. Patrick's Day. Not only did this get me in the mood to celebrate more than I usually do, but I also learned a thing or two! My guest post can be found here and I'd recommend passing along information about the Irish Life Experience to any high school or college-aged students you may know! It's an incredible travel opportunity and Taryn is fantastic. I truly hope she's still running this program when my kids are old enough to participate.

As for the banoffee pie, I found an online recipe I plan to try... Here's hoping it's as good as it looks! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment