Friday, December 31, 2010

So Long, 2010!


Happy New Year! We have big plans to stay home and maybe watch the ball drop on TV... No promises, though.

Emily has big goals for 2011 (or maybe I made them up for her... Whatever). This year she's going to conquer potty training, move into a big girl bed, and replace "No!" with "No, Thank you." I'm fairly certain I've passed the 500th time of making her say it that way and yet... Perhaps 2011 will be the magic year for that.

Jason likes to stick with the same resolutions each year -- "I will start smoking and gain 50 pounds." At the end of the year he acts disappointed in his inability to keep his resolutions yet AGAIN and says he'll try harder next year.

My only resolution is to NOT gain 50 pounds with this pregnancy. It was kind of a pain to lose last time around. I did it, but it wasn't fun. It would really help if Burgerville didn't put some kind of crack cocaine in their cheeseburgers... I can't seem to get enough of them lately! I blame the baby.

2011 is sure to be an exciting year -- We'll welcome a new baby to the family, Emily will begin preschool, and we may be moving to a single-level home to make things easier. We won't remember months of it due to newborn-induced sleep deprivation, of course. I'll be sure to take pics so I can try to remember later what exactly happened during those first few months -- likely all kinds of things I swore I wouldn't do (again).

Here's wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment