Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh Boy...


The past month has been a whirlwind... Our house goes on the market this week, so we've been frantically packing boxes to take to storage, updating the Master bathroom, touching up paint, and doing the really fun deep cleaning (think dusting mini blinds and scrubbing floorboards). I've been wearing a combo scent I call Eau de Windex / Soft Scrub / Pledge. It's pretty hot. On top of this, I increased my hours at work from 4 hours per week to 20, registered Emily in a preschool for Fall, and Jason and I have been working with our bank and a great builder in preparation for building a house! My head is spinning from all of the craziness, but it's a GOOD kind of crazy. That helps.

I'm finally feeling like I'm on top of things, which is nice. I'm also super excited because Jason and I learned a few days ago that WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!

For two days I've told Em that there's a baby boy in my belly instead of the girl we all thought it might be. The first time I broke this news didn't go so well.

Mommy: "Emily, Mommy is going to have a baby boy!"
Emily: "No, It's a girl."
Mommy: "No, Honey, It's a boy. You're going to have a little brother!"
Emily: "Nooo... I think it's a baby pig."
Mommy: "What? No pig. It's a boy, Sweetheart."
Emily: "Is it a cow in your belly?"
Mommy: "What are you saying?"
Emily: "I think it's a goat."

Today we had a similar conversation with the addition of kitty cat and dog. Apparently Emily is convinced this baby is a girl, pig, cow, goat, cat or dog. Most certainly NOT a baby brother. This is the beginning of a beautiful sibling relationship, don't you think?

I asked Emily for name suggestions. She likes "Pink." Jason isn't helping. Tonight he suggested "Maverick." I told him it's not happening. He said, "So, I suppose Ice Man is out?" My daughter is convinced I'm having a farm animal and my husband wants to name our son a Top Gun character. The craziness continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment